Thursday, February 02, 2006

"The Saint of Liberty" - Part 7

Now before I present you with Part 7 of "The Saint of Liberty", don't forget to read the prior entries to get caught up if you need to. Also remember that A week from tomorrow is WonderCon and Moronik Comiks will have a booth there. Are booth number will be 716. We are located right behind Slave Labor Graphics.

Lilly moved towards Ms. Bates looking down at the shattered glass said, “Ms. Bates if there is anything that I can do for being so clumsy, please tell me.” Mr. Sugars grabbed a handful of butterscotch candy and put them into Ms. Bates’ hand as he said “Don’t you never mind, like Ms. Bates said ‘It was an accident!’” Ms. Bates having taken the candies and put them in her pocket started to pick up the broken pieces when Mr. Sugars said “Don’t you worry about that mess Ms. Bates, you have had a crazy day. I will get to it as soon as I give Lilly her ice cream." Mr. Sugars and Ms. Bates eyes met, Ms Bates feeling a little embarrassed made a b-line to the door. As she opened the door she said a quick goodbye to both Lilly and Mr. Sugars. Mr. Sugars now alone with Lilly helped Lilly get her boxes back into her arms. As Mr. Sugars move to the back of the counter to get Lilly’s ice cream the door to the shop opened and in walked little Steven Spazcosi.
Mr. Sugars felt flush with anger that Steven had dared to walk into his store after he had been banned. Not wanting to make a scene in front of Lilly he continue to move to the back of the counter, all the time glaring at Steven. Steven just stood a couple of feet away from Lilly staring at his wringing hands. When Mr. Sugars got behind the counter he realized that the cup of ice cream he had made for Lilly had dumped over. Mr. Sugars frustrated with the day he was having turned to his attention to Lilly and said, “I must have dumped your ice cream over during all the commotion. Let me get you another”. Lilly turned to face Mr. Sugars and said, “Mr. Sugars, I have been such a nuisance today, please don’t go though any more trouble on my part.” Mr. Sugars glaring at Steven said, “Lilly, YOU have never been a nuisance.” Just give me a quick second to get that for you.” Mr. Sugars turned his attention and body to the back wall that house his ice cream freezer.
Steven the whole time just kept staring at his red hands. Mr. Sugars turned back to give Lilly her ice cream. Lilly trying to figure were to put down her boxes said “Oh let me get your money. I must have put it back into my pocket after I dropped the boxes.” Mr. Sugar expecting Lilly to say this replied “Keep you money Lilly. This one is on the house. He stretched down to put the ice cream into the two fingers that Lilly had free on her left hand. Lilly trying to keep herself from dropping her ice cream said “Mr. Sugars you might be the nicest man in the world.” Seeing the bus out the window waiting for her, Lilly stared for the door and said “My bus! I have to go Mr. Sugars. Thank you again for everything.” As she got to the door she tried to position herself to get her hand on the doorknob. Mr. Sugars was angered that Steven had not moved a inch to help Lilly rushed to the front door. As he passed Steven, Steven looked up at Mr. Sugars. There was a look of grief on his face. Mr. Sugars bushed by Steven and said, “I will deal with you after I help Lilly out.”
Mr. Sugars open the door for Lilly and watched her as she bumped her way out of the shop and towards the bus stop. Before she reached the bus stop Mr. Sugars heard Steven starting to talk from behind him. Mr. Sugars had noticed that while he was helping Lilly out the door Steven had move right in front of the counter. Steven unable to face Mr. Sugars looked back down to his wringing hands as he said, “M…M...Mr. Sugars…..I…I…I need to talk to you. It’s about the candy. I just wanted to…I just wanted to tell you…” Mr. Sugars, afraid that looking at Steven who might make him even angrier than he was, looked towards the counter top. What he saw there just outraged him even more. There on the counter was the jar of ‘Drippity Droppity Double Dense Dutch Chocolate Bars’. Not ten minutes ago Mr. Sugars had filled it. Now it was less that half full.

No comments: