Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dante does it again!


I guess now it's an annual event. Dante 'the Great' Dondero has won student of the month. This is the Second year in a row that Dante has won Student of the month for Self-discipline. Ms. Meno, Dante's teacher, said as she was presenting this award that she had several times heard Dante say to other students "I'm sorry but I can't talk to you right know, I have school work to finish." Trust me when I say I have no clue where he gets this from. Lord knows I was always too busy drawing on desks, finding animals in the clouds or visiting other worlds in my head to think about school work. Dante's mother has never passed up an opportunity to talk with anyone. The only one that I know that had this type of focus at such a young age is Dante's Aunt Christine. It's a little strange how genetics work through a family tree.

So when your are in class or at work and that fellow student or co-worker walks up to you and tries to divert your attention to their new shoes or to talk about the Curious George film they saw, Think... "What would Dante do!" and get back to work.

Please don't do what Dante's dad would do which is say "Shut up and get back to work! I'm busy watching Ultraman kick Mighty Mouse's butt in that cloud which I am recreating on my desk." Cause that only get your English teacher's attention and within ten seconds she will be handing you the spray bottle of desk cleaner and a rag and force you to destroy the drawing you spent the last thirty minutes creating.

Remember "What would Dante do!" words to live by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Uncle Ben,

I like what you said.
You are the bestest Uncle in the world.

Love

Dante